|The Missionary Ridge Camp #63, Sons of Union Veterans of the
Civil War held its regular February meeting at the Dalton Convention Center in Dalton, Georgia at 1:00 PM on
Saturday, February 6, 2010.
Missionary Ridge Camp #63
Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
Department of Tennessee (including Alabama)
Missionary Ridge Camp #63 Minutes of meeting February 6, 2010, at Civil War Show at Dalton Convention and Trade Center.
Present: Charlie Engle, Wes Davis, Bob Dobbs, James Fletcher, Harvey Scarborough, Mark Steele and Mark Kemp
Commander Kemp called the meeting to order at 1:04 PM EST. Commander Kemp ask James Fletcher to be acting Chaplain,
he open the Bible and had opening prayer.
Old business; Charlie Engle gave us a report about the 2010 Encampment - Department of Tennessee (including Alabama)
Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Saturday, January 30, 2010. New Department officer: Charles Engle, Immediate
Past Commander; Doug Fidler, Senior Vice Commander; Sam Gant, Department Commander; Geoffrey Hintze, Secretary/Treasurer;
Mark Kemp, Department Council Member; and National Commander-in-Chief Leo Kennedy.
1. 2010 dues are due. They are $22.00 for the year. If you need to pay, please send to Sec. /Treas.
Charlie Engle at Box 1552. Athens, Tn. 37371-1552.
2. Treasure Report, by Secretary Charlie Engle, $647.00 in bank and he has collected more dues today.
3. NEXT MEETING: March 13, 2010 - Saturday 1:00 PM EST. At Wally's Restaurant, East Ridge, Tennessee
4. Battle of Bridgeport reenactment which will be held March 25th & 26th. Anyone wanting to attend was
encouraged to do so.
5. We have more things planned such as being at the Georgia monument on Confederate Memorial Day at
the Chickamauga Battlefield. After the ceremony, we will have a camp picnic at the battlefield.
6. Ringgold's 1890s Days, Saturday, May 28, 2009 - the Camp carries the National and Camp flags in the
opening parade for 1890s Days
7. On Memorial Day, we will meet at the Cracker Barrel in East Ridge and car poll to the cemetery in Catoosa
County, Ga. and then make our way to the Cracker Barrel for supper in East Ridge. After this, we will
proceed to the Chattanooga National Cemetery to honor the Union sold- iers buried there with the Torch
light ceremony as we do annually. These events will be updated for the specific times and dates as they
8. Adjourn: James Fletcher gave the Benediction and the meeting adjourned at 2:15 PM.
9. As Camp Commander I would like to say a word of thanks to Harvey Scarborough, for our web page.
He paid for the site for the next two (2) years, THANK you Harvey. http://www.suvmrc63.org/