|The Missionary Ridge Camp #63, Sons of Union Veterans of the
Civil War held its regular March meeting at Wally's Restaurant in East Ridge, Tennessee at 1:00 PM on
Saturday, March 13, 2010.
Missionary Ridge Camp #63
Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
Department of Tennessee (including Alabama)
March 13, 2010 - Saturday 1:00 PM EST at Wally's Restaurant, East Ridge, Tennessee
Present: Bob Dobbs, James Fletcher, Mark Steele, Bill Massey, Tim Massey, and Mark Kemp
We all ate lunch, and Camp Commander - Mark Kemp opened meeting at 2:17 PM, EST.
Chaplain - Bill Massey had opening prayer, and led us in the pledge of the allegiance.
1. 2010 dues are due. They are $22.00 for the year. If you need to pay, please send to Sec/Treas. Charlie Engle at Box 1552. Athens, Tn. 37371-1552.
2. Treasure Report, by Secretary Charlie Engle, called Commander Kemp and told me that $871.47 in bank, $340.00 of that for this year’s dues.
3. Battle of Bridgeport reenactment which will be held March 25th & 26th. Anyone wanting to attend was encouraged to do so.
4. NEXT MEETING: Georgia monument on Confederate Memorial Day at the Chickamauga Battlefield, April 25, 2:00 EST. After the ceremony, we will eat at a local restaurant.
5. Ringgold's 1890s Days, Saturday, May 28, 2009 - the Camp carries the National and Camp flags in the opening parade for 1890s Days. Should be Saturday,
May 29, 2010 this year.
6. On Memorial Day, we will meet at the Cracker Barrel in East Ridge @ 4:00 pm EST and car pool to the James Watkins Cemetery in the middle of the Old Mill Trace Subdivision near Ringgold, Georgia, then make our way to the Cracker Barrel for supper in East Ridge. After this, we will proceed to the Chattanooga Confederate Cemetery to pay respects to two Union soldiers, then to Chattanooga National Cemetery to honor the Union soldiers buried there with the Torch light ceremony as we do annually. These events will be updated for the specific times and dates as they draw nearer.
7. Field Trip? Let us know for any ideas.
8. Adjournment - Bill Massey gave the benediction and the meeting was adjourned at 3:00 PM EST.