|Minutes of the August 2010 meeting of The Missionary Ridge Camp #63, Sons of Union Veterans of the
Missionary Ridge Camp #63
Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
Department of Tennessee (including Alabama)
August 28, 2010 Meeting
Saturday 2:00 PM ET at Wally's Restaurant, East Ridge, Tennessee:
Members present: James Fletcher, Mark Steele, Bill Massey, Mark Kemp, Charlie Engle, Harvey Scarborough, Wes Davis, and Ted Sheldon.
1. We all ate lunch, and Camp Commander - Mark Kemp opened meeting at 3:05 PM, ET.
2. Chaplain Bill Massey had opening prayer, and led us in the pledge of the allegiance.
3. 2011 dues will increase from $22.00 to $27.00 due to SUV raising their dues $5.00.
4. We will start a flower fun for the camp members and immediate family and Anna Lee Dobbs
who is a real daughter. We voted to take $100.00 out of our treasure and put in the fund.
5. Charlie Engle gave a report about the national encampment and the new officers that were voted in.
Next year it will be held in Reston Virginia.
6. Tunnel Hill will hold their reenactment September 11, 12, 2010.
7. We went over an E-mail form Brother Bob Dobbs, concerning the health of him,
his wife and his mother, also Frank and Rita Harned.
8. I, Mark Kemp, will get a small fruit basket and take it to Anna Lee Dobbs in the amount of about $15.00.
9. Our next meeting will be Saturday Oct. 02. 2010 at 1:00 PM ET at Wally's Restaurant, East Ridge, Tennessee.
This will be a very important meeting, as we need to nominate new officers for 2011.
10. The meeting adjourned at 4:12 after Chaplain Bill Massey closed with prayer.
August 29, 2010
August 28, 2010 meeting at Wally's Restaurant